From the left selections pane, you can choose & check the policies & rules of circulation, Fines, and Renewal processes in the Library.
Circulation PolicyFines PolicyRenewal Policy
- The Library checks out books depending on Circulation Module.
- NEVER allow another user to use your ID card, or borrow items for another person as you are responsible for the items borrowed using your ID.
- Patrons who have a valid borrowing ID card with no fines and no overdue can borrow materials as mentioned below:
|Patron Type||Loan Period||Maximum Books|
|Faculty member||Two weeks||5|
|Part time faculty member||One week||2|
|Undergraduate student||One week||3|
|Postgraduate student||Two weeks||4|
- Students have to pay fines for overdue books otherwise their final grades will be blocked.
- Late Return:
|Item Fine per day after due date:||L.E. 5|
- Lost Items: If the item is lost the charge will be:
Fine charges + overhead charge (50 EGP) + replacement cost.
- The Library will consider a Circulated Item “LOST” after 60 days overdue.
- If a lost item is found within a year, only the replacement cost is refundable.
- Books can be renewed on or before the due date from Sunday-Thursday (8:30 to 4:30 PM), unless there is no hold on the borrowed book in the following locations:
- Circulation Desk: either at the Main Library or Scientific Library.
- Send e-mail message with Subject “Renewal – Student ID” to Circulation Staff from Sunday-Thursday (8:30 to 4:30 PM).
- My Library Account